Share on facebook
Share on google
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin

There are 250 boxes of student files from the Connecticut Marinello Schools of Beauty that the state Office of Higher Education staff is going through to match up with electronic records due to the closure of the school. The closure of Marinello occurred after the U.S. Department of Education cut off federal loans and grants because of numerous violations. The state Office of Higher Education has acquired the transcripts and other student records to compact student information. Marinello is part of a for-profit chain owned by B&H Education and closed 56 schools across the U.S.

The agency has secured these files to assure that records will be accessible to students in the event they do not receive them directly from Marinello, said Jane A. Ciarleglio, executive director of the Office of Higher Education. Students can contact the agency and request copies and learn about transfer opportunities with other schools. The agency will also teach students how to discharge their federal loans and request tuition refunds.

“We are particularly concerned about those students who hold a high school diploma from the Parkridge Private School as these diplomas are not considered valid,” Ciarleglio stated. “Students with these diplomas cannot transfer to other schools or obtain additional federal aid. These students should seek a discharge of their federal loans or a tuition refund of non-federal aid payments, and complete a GED through adult education.”

Students also may be eligible for a reimbursement of their tuition that was not covered by financial aid. The state Office of Higher Education is in charge of making refunds for student tuition. Contact the Office of Higher Education at 800-842-0229 or email Students should register here. The Office of Higher Education serves as the state’s custodian of postsecondary career school records. It is the central source of assistance for students who may be affected by school closures.

To get additional information on how students can discharge federal loans can be found at the U.S. Department of Education website here.



Leave a Reply

Get Help Now!

Recent Posts

Sign up for Goodbye loans Newsletter

Scroll to Top